Over the next 10 years nbn’s Delivery Partners need thousands of employees to design, build and operate the nbn™ network. nbn is keen to help candidates build the skills needed to get involved. Our Industry Development Workforce Program has been developed to help fill the skill gaps for key occupations.
The Industry Workforce Development program includes the following key activities:
- Facilitating recruitment with our Delivery Partners – referring candidates who complete an expression of interest to work on the nbn™ network to our Delivery Partners for their consideration and recruitment
- Technical skills training – subsidised training pathways for individuals to gain the skills needed to work on the nbn™ network in key occupations
- Accreditation – ensuring that all individuals working on the nbn™ network are accredited for nbn mandated health and safety requirements
You could be eligible for the Industry Development Workforce Program if you are:
- A career starter wanting to build a career in the telecommunications industry.
- An experienced telecommunications worker, with vital skills and knowledge of the existing copper network;
- A general job seeker, with work experience in a different industry and wanting to transition to the telecommunications industry; or
- Currently employed by one of our Delivery Partners or subcontractors, working on the nbn™ network or telecommunications activity and you are ready to be cross-skilled into an adjacent occupation;
- Currently employed with one of our Delivery Partners or subcontractors, working on non-telecommunications activity and you are ready to be up-skilled with the required knowledge and skills to work on the nbn™ network;